Even though the 8th edition of Jazz in the Park had to be postponed due to the whole situation caused by the spread of the coronavirus, the we thought of a new concept, that fits the norms and regulations of today’s context: a smaller, but still very ambitious autumn edition.
Jazz in the Park: Tiny Version will take place between 18-20 September 2020, in the Ethnographic Park of Cluj-Napoca, and will be headlined by Teodora Brody Enache, Damian Drăghici Etnic Jazz Band and JazzyBIT, together with other artists that have shaped this year’s lineup, such as: Julian M, Muntet, Diana Săveanu, Rubie Trio, As we exhale, Edina & Friends, or DJ sets presented by VRTW Artists – Karak, Iorga and Moss Farai & Alin Bittel (Two Sides records). Besides concerts, the audience will be able to relax while exploring the vintage and vinyl fairs, have fun at the Drum Camp or admire the artworks exhibited in the park.
This edition is our way to recreate a sense of normality in our cultural life and to celebrate as much as possible being named Europe’s Best Small Festival, after the 7th edition of Jazz in the Park.
Of course, as mentioned before, we’ll make everything go according to the present safety norms and regulations. Therefore:
- We will have secured access at the event; people with symptoms that could reveal respiratory problems (such as coughing or flu-sneeze) will not be allowed to participate.
- At the moment of their arrival, participants will have their temperature taken by staff members. People who refuse to undergo this procedure and people with more that 37,3 Celsius degrees will not be allowed in.
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory all throughout the event. The masks have to be worn properly, covering both the nose and mouth.
- There will be disinfectants places at different key-points in the event.
- According to their ticket (single / double), the participants will receive a mat that they will need to place on the marked spots inside the event locations, thus respecting the 2 metres distance between the seats.
- For safety reasons, people will have to be at the main entrance 60 minutes before the beginning of the first concert. The access will be done gradually.
Tickets can be found on the Entertix.ro platform. Buy yours and let’s meet in the Ethnographic Park!